National Button Week is March 19-25 this year. It was started by Jean Speights when she was president of NBS in 1989.
NBS is asking all members and clubs to plan something special in appreciation of our hobby!
- Submit an article to your local newspaper about button collecting.
- Post a photo of your favorite button on your Facebook page and invite your friends to take a look.
- Twitter about your button activities.
- Invite a non-member to a club meeting.
- Invite an associated organization, i.e. a antique study group or sewing guild to a club meeting.
- Contact a local museum and offer to post a display of buttons.
- Offer to speak to another guild or society, i.e. quilting, sewing, beading, etc... about button collecting.